Friday, February 22, 2008

7 days remaining

My life has been very busy. So much has happened.. i wanted to write but was not having enough time.

Its just 7 days remaining. Got an SMS this morning that informed me that next week ,next Thursday, i will be a married man. Surprised Time flies indeed.

At office, i had my annual performance review after which i felt very bad. Crying Later i came to know about a few people who joined the company after me but were promoted for doing something great.. something great!!.. yet invisible!!... i got so depressed that i started feeling better Open-mouthed. You know, its completely impossible to predict my mood swings. Sometimes i enjoy being what i am . Noman had a similar fate at his office after his annual review . So i guess , its all part of our jobs.

Shadi functions have already started . We had a chor mehndi recently. Chor (thief) mehndi is a type of mehndi in which one party (larki wala or larkay wala) takes Mehndi to the other party's home without informing them earlier. So there were some two dozen people standing outside the gate of my house at near 1:00 am (night) this Sunday. It was fun indeed. I , for the first time , realized that its ME getting married.. i was not giving much thought to the idea but now i have started realizing that it really is happening. Anyway's, two days ago it was our turn and we took the chor mehndi to the larki wala's place..And you know, being in Peshawar, its not proper for the boy to go along. this means that i was not supposed to go along the procession...but so many people from my family were going and i expected so much fun that i decided to go as well. but you see , one has to look at the customs and traditions of one's place as well. I cant really go there along with the other guests. so , the drama-queen-within me gave me an idea..i thought of a plan and when i told this to my family , everybody accepted it. You wanna know what was the plan... well .. lemme just show you a picture of the event ...and i will leave it to you to find me in the crowd.


yeah, the burqa clad woman is infact me.Wink i was also wearing a red ladies shalwar and ladies shoes to complete the disguise. At first, larki wala were quite confused as they were not really sure that it was me in burqa. They did realize that the burqa clad person was of my size but they were not really sure.


Anyway's, my intentional overacting and funny dance moves made them sure of my identity and my burqa was finally removed. ... Wanna see the moments. ..Check out the video. Its about the time when the boys had finally decided to unveil me. The guy with me in the start of the video is the elder one of my two brothers-in-law , the one who finally unveils me is the younger one.



It was truly a fun event that i liked and loved. Every body enjoyed it so much.Party .Do i not enjoy being a drama queen.

its just a matter of days..when i wont remain single . i will become the head of my family .. new life.. new family..new responsibilities.. And an added responsibility means an added task.. an extra thing to do... Please!!!.. i dont need any more tasks.. i just want to sit lazily and enjoy my life playing games and watching drama series.

Speaking of games and series, i have started watching Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles.. Its really kool. A must watch..I am also watching Chuck..that's good too. I stopped watching Prison break..its getting so boring.I stopped watching it before it went on the hiatus because of the writer's strike. I heard season 3 ended... but who cares. I havent played starcraft for so long. Have started playing MOHAA (Medal of Honour - Allied Assault) instead. the single player campaign is really kool.. Its the first ever first-person-shooting game that i have liked.

Naruto is going good. I plan to hang Naruto posters in my room. My room at home has new furniture , new carpet , new curtains.All brought by the larki wala. Another cultural thingy - the bride has to bring new things with her when she moves in so now there are very lavish and beautiful things in my room and it is so much filled that i am not sure where to place my laptop as my writing table has been removed from the room. The only place that seems perfect for its placement is .....err!!!!... the dressing table.... and so i have decided that i will be placing my laptop there on the dressing table - a place where the bride is supposed to keep her cosmetics accessories. No other word on it Hot..and i have also planned that i will be having Naruto posters on the walls.. I bought quite expensive Naruto posters while i was in US. They were something near 30$ dollar each and there is no way i am going to let them rotten in the cupboard for one more year.. Yay!! Just imagine entering in a newly wed couple's room and finding a laptop placed on the new dressing table and Naruto poster around on the wall.. Hot... What a perfect combination. Hot

I dont think i will be able to post for a while.I will be busy. My brother is getting married this weekend. My barat will be on the next weekend . Me and my brother share the same Walima.

If you plan to come, do let me know.

8 comments:

Dangling Pointer said...

Laptop on dressing table and Naruto on walls? man... u're calling out loud for trouble tooo early!! :D

Umair Azfar Khan said...

you liked sarah connor chronicles? its stupid to say the least. If you want good series to watch, see Battlestar Galactica.

I wonder who tells you about the stuff to watch, its normally idiotic

Umair Azfar Khan said...

and you couldn't wait to slip into woman's shalwar. Coincidence or fancy? We might never know!

Umair Azfar Khan said...

Oh, btw, I just got Naruto: Rise of a ninja for my xbox. It is absolutely sweet. This is that sort of a game which will indulge you totally sameer.

They have created the whole leaf village and it looks absolutely stunning. Best of all, you can make hand seals for shadow clone and sexy jutsu technique.

You seriously need to play it.

Unknown said...

haha! you move like a woman sameer.

Umair Azfar Khan said...

This bog SUX! no update for ages!

Dangling Pointer said...

from 7 days remaining to 347 days gone, isnt it about time you post something new ? :D

mehak said...

HMMM still no Naruto posters on wall and no laptop on dressing table.. Come on partner 3 years passed... :)