Thursday, December 29, 2005

Life is tough but seems under control

Well.. even though there is a laptop , there are two very important requirements that go along with it to be a regular blogger: Free time and peace of mind...am not having any of these two these days.. so my chronicles from 23rd Dec continue in an integerated from follow :

24th Dec Saturday

I went to Giki to attend the alumni reunion. was accompanied by OC , my Final year project partner who is currently doing an MS leading to PHD degree from Sydney , University of New South WAles..

I had a good time in Giki. The new rector seems to be a good person and it seems that finally someone caring has taken the high post at Giki.. Giki is still the same old peaceful place that made me fall in love with it years ago..

25th Dec Sunday.

Laziness prevailed the whole day. I went to see Champ , Javaid , a batch mate who is suffering from TB. spent the whole afternoon with him . Later i took Vix , who had come to champs place to see him, to Nomi's place as they had to go to Amir Farooq's Marriage. It was really fun finding the way to F11 from G-10 . I had to do some heavy reading on this weekend but it ended too quickly.

26th Dec (Mnday) till 29th Dec (Thursday)

The days pass very quickly once the working days jump in life..with not much social activities , my main focus remained on learning things in NCR... The training is still going on..I had a real tough time in giving the SQL paper.. and now that i have passed it today, i still need a lot of practice work to get it fluent on my fingers. My princess subaru (my car) is giving me real tough as it refuses to do anything at all everymorning. and this makes me make a travel to the office on taxi. On monday and tuesday, i had to leave it near a busy road as it wasnt starting in the morning and i had already availed all my oppertunitites to go late to office. Even now , the princess is there at home and now that i will go home i will try to start it again.. My flatmates have started to call "Suba ru, Sham ru). translation: Shed tears in the morning , Shed tears in the evening.. The name does go with the kind of feelings one gets as the owner of the car.

Islamabad rocked again last night at 3 am. My night was disturbed realy badly . one of the flate mate lost his senses and started shouting..It was a terrible scene..I am not sure what really happened as i didnt get this chance to inquire anything later as my flatemates were asleep while i was coming office this morning.. ..These day I am bumping into a lot of people having psychologic disorders. and what my research tells me is that motst of these cases always have an association with some kind of disturbance in sleep-wake cycle. When human mind doesnt get enough sleep , some harmonal balances occur which make the brain to malfunction.

I too get some strange feelings when my sleep-wake cycle gets disturbed ,these include extreme sensitivity to the weather (i.e extreme coldness in winter , extreme hotness in summers) , pain in knee (coupled with the 'in.travel ' condition ) , and the best one is that i keep laughing the whole day.. yeah! its true. an insufficient sleep really makes my day sometimes.. :)

No comments: