Friday, December 23, 2005

Life seems to be going somewhat tough

I changed my job and this became a very big change.. which is effecting my personal life a lot.. After serving in PTA for an year , i shifted to NCR to get my self occupied in work all day.. Since they have provided a laptop now, i guess it will be easy for me to update my blogs.. but then again there is a fear that i might not be able to continue my routine things , let alone this rarely practiced blogging activity...

Anyways, i had planned to start my blogging during this switching from PTA to NCR.. could'nt do it on time as internet access and free time is a pre-req to it. Roughly , i planned to write the following things in my daily blogs.

12 Dec 2005 Monday

Today was my last day at PTA. Am going to join NCR on 15th so i am leaving it 2 days earlier so that i may have some rest .. My resignation has been accepted and my notice period of one month has been waived off as well.. Thanks to the Chairman. I also got this chance to meet the Chairman.. This being my 2nd and probably last meeting with him. I told him a few things that are not right in the PTA He listened to me in a manner that i really felt that he was listening, noted some points and the meeting ended. I was happy that i told him ab out all my frustrations that i had in PTA during all the time there.

13 Dec Tuesday.

Well.. It came as no surprise to me that i had to go to PTA again to clear a few things about my job of "type approval" to Noman Jelani, the guy who is going to get the heay burden of all my job responsibilities along with his own.

14 Dec..

had some rest.. did some important stuff that was pending for long..went PTA at night when every one had left and only Taimoor was there helping Umair in making his presentation on "Network Security".

15 and 16th

Today I joined NCR...along with 6 other people.. All software guys...5 guys two girls.. The first day at NCR was great..No work to do.. We all chatted the whole day.. Topics Ranged from Animals to type of people to Jinns..etc...

17th (sat) and 18th(sun)

In my effort to be very efficient , I Read the Teradata Student Manual 1.. Just read it without understanding. Though i know something goes somewhere and is retrieved later at some stage.. spent my whole weekend on it .

19th.. (mon)

Again some free time at NCR.. setup a laptop for another guy..as they had not provided me mine..
Two more guys joined our batch at NCR ..again...both are software guys...

20th (Tue)

Got my own laptop...It was a real problem installing things on it.. really took the whole day.. also started NCR University courses. which are web based courses and one has to do it through flash based menus that involve testing along teaching..

21st and 22nd

Continued with NCR University courses . Most of the time was spent in learning things related to our login , our laptop setup and courses completion procedures.

23rd Dec Friday

Tera data factory started.. Its a instructor led class..which has got humongous amount of knowledge..an amount that a sane human brain can not store normally ..

The workshop ended near 6:30..and by now all the batch has got the idea that things are not going to be too easy..especially for me as the electronics background and no proper software background is really gonna make me put nights efforts...I guess its a bad time for me to start blogging.. but i guess now that I have got a laptop i should make a real proper use of it by enjoying my writings.

No comments: