Friday, July 07, 2006

TRIM

Today was a busy day..My new project's work assignments have started to arrive and they do suck a lot of time..

The whole day i kept making foolish mistakes..where the most common one was : not trimming the values to compare.[for non CS people: i was not converting the values to same format before comparing] ..I even wrote it big on a paper "ALWAYS TRIM" and kept it in front of me..even then i kept doing this same mistake again and again..

My previous project was DHL Czech Republic...and i was not happy with my performace in that ..I had vowed to be extra efficient in my new project but...what the hell.. i keep getting stucked in very basic things...kept working till 9:00 pm where as all the other team mates were free by 5 pm.. :(.... I kept cursing my self the whole day for not being able to catch up ...but khair..thats life.. after all i have changed my whole field...so whatever is happening should be an expectation.. I am not a very genius guy and i will have to live with my speed of grasping new ideas.

Oh.. I had a lunch at Marriot today..It was a treat from the project manager of my previous project for our good work on the project. The guy was so happy that he sent money from Czech to sponsor our lunch...Earlier the plan was to go for a dinner but we couldnt get a common free dinner time so it was decided to go for it on Friday's lengthy lunch time.. We had Thai food..I have never had thai food before..but.. i didnt eat anything new in the food.. the only new thing that i noticed was the strange combination of Kahwa (green tea) and choclate that was served after the food...instead of the dessert..

What else..I am blank...completely blank..made a telephone call to my sister a while ago... felt sleepy during the conversation even though she was talking about something that can effect my future...

Kashif Bhatii aka KB is in Nathia Gali right now.. I kept trying calling him the whole day..His number was not reachable.. :(.. will probably meet him on sunday..

Am feeling sleepy... will go home now...am waiting to see how the Sand Ninjas will save the leaf ninjas from the sound ninjas... :) ..Today i got new episodes of Naruto you know... :)

3 comments:

Dangling Pointer said...

just a correction:
TRIM does not "convert" values from one format to another, it simply removes leading/trailing blanks from a string!!!

S A J Shirazi said...

You abandoning this?

Sameer Durrani said...

not yet...