Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sameer has reached US

so i reached US on morning of 15 Nov. I landed on New York JFK Air Port.. where my entrance in US had to be registered with the US security department ... It is something that i was very scared of from the very start.. They usually take a long time to check non-US citizens.. and it is recommended to have a gap of atleast 4 hours before the next flight from JFK to Detroit because the time taken for checking is usually that long...but in my case, my flight was the only flight that landed on the airrport.. so i was kinda lucky as there were no long lines..i was the first one in my line..then the whole  procedure went quite smoothly, i was all clear in some 45 minutes...great!!!!...

 

but then i had nothing to do.. so i just roamed around the airport...checked my next flight terminal , got the boarding pass from there.. I didnt checked in then as there was no point going inside cause they dont let you come out once you go in..

I started feeling tired very soon.. so after having lunch , (Rice with Sweet and Sour Chicken) I slept on the bench for a while. My flight was near 2 , i started going towards my terminal near 1:20.. i thought it was a reasonable time for me to reach the GATE ..... I was wrong..

In the Airport , there is an air train that takes you from one terminal to another..There i asked the lady at duty about my terminal ..she asked me about my flight and when i told her...She exclaimed.."Hey you have already missed your flight".. Scared!!! i ran... i ran to my terminal ...reached there.. but oh there was a checking first ...a complete checking that required removal trouser belt, shoes and laptop from its bag...err..they wasted my time.. then i ran again ..at a very good speed.. but even then when i reached the gate, i was informed that my flight had been closed... I was late by minutes only..

:(

 

 

i then had to take another flight..... blah blah blah!!!!

 

 

(writing the rest of it on 29 NOV)

 

well .. i didnt get enough time to update my blog.. the story continues.. I reached to Detroit near 9. where my team welcomed me at the airport.. Then i was taken to my hotel after food... My hotel is different than the other team mates.. cause there was no vacant room in thier hotel.. so they are staying at Marriot Spring Suites and I am staying at Embassy Suites.. and i beleive my hotel is better...Its two big rooms.. and the bed room has got a real big window from where i can see the highway .. so i really enjoy seeing Amreeka from there.. :).. Detroit is a cool place.. both in terms of exclaimation and the weather conditions..  :)

 

What else... We were not allowed to have a free weekend the first weekend of my arrival... and then all of a suddent there was this four day leave of Thanks Giving in which we had a trip to NewYork..

NEWYORK

NEW YORK is a city full of people..

we visited Empire State Building. we wanted to go on top of the building but the que was two hour long so we dropped the idea.. we planned to see the Statue of Liberty but we didnt have enough time to reach to that area from where we can atleast view it.. :( .. We went to see the Rock Feller Center, its a high building and they too have an observatory on top of building to see the whole Nework.. there werent too many people in que as its a new observatory and not every one knows about it..

 

Thats it.. There is too much that i want to write.. but i cant.. i dont have time. I have to call so many people..i cant.. i dont have the calling card ..I got a prepaid mobile connection last Friday..It has not been activated yet..seems that Telecom Services are better in Pakistan...I dont think I will be getting my own car soon cause i am a bit afraid of driving here...besides i havent driven automatic cars before..but i guess that shouldnt be a much problem.. The only problem is to shift to the left handside driving ...and the new kinda traffic signals/rules...

I havent enjoyed much healthy time here.. I have been coughing for so many days...My sleep is not proper yet.. I am still underslept..

 

People are really nice here...you usually find strangers greeting you and giving you a smile.. Most of the people happen to have a sense of humor.. a very well developed sense of humour... They are friendly and cooperative..  

In few days , i dont think i will have any time for internet... even right now i am typing this all because Informatica (software that i work on) crashed and it locked the mapping that i was working on .. Somebody is trying to get it fixed.. and i am making use of the time to write...

No comments: