Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Gikians around me

The weekend passed with my university fellows..All of a sudden, there was a burst of so many Gikians..

Friday

I met..Jazz.. aka usman Aijaz...who was in Islamabad to spend some time at home..before joining Engro as a project Engineer...We dined together at Pizza Hut along with Khurram Nadeem -another Gikian friend, working at Ericsson ... I ‘tried’ the too-much-being-marketed stuffed crust pizza finally... The only difference that I found between Stuffed Crust and Normal Crust Pizza was ……that the Stuffed Crust Pizza had more salt .... Damn!! I always hate it when I start believing in the marketing stuff..

Jazz is currently in Engro and he is enjoying his time there filling up bulky registration forms. He looks like a greek god in this picture...This picture has been mentioned in the works of the great blogger ...Lord Bodi... see here..


Saturday..

Alvi creature arrived .. He is working in Saudi Arab... where he has lived most of his life..He is on Pakistan Tour ..its not a concert tour,though he has the potential .. He always comes with great plans to meet everyone. And the plans remain plans .... He used to be my religious mentor once.. When we got our Year book on our graduation, there were 3 comments on Alvi's page .. Two from his project partners.. both proposing him to leave the childish ideas and to grow up...Third one from me.. praising him , his wisdom and his intellect.. so you can well imagine about the kind of people I have followed all my life..

Anyways, Me and Alvi went to Jehangir where we had No-chicken food.. …. Thanks to the bird flu fear…We had mutton karahi and seekh kabab ..I had a lot of talk with Alvi..I am happy that he is just a friend now and not a mentor any more… I am satisfied with my beliefs , my own life and everything that is happening…

Alvi is currently in Lahore suffering from food poisonining.... ... May he get well soon..

Sunday

Raza arrived from Pindi.. He is a Karachi based CS guy who has recently joined Ultimus after completing his MS from USA…. He used to be my partner in crime in Giki when I was in habit of mass mailing my whole batch about the things that I thought were funny.. (You wont believe me but is true that I even had fans of my emails)

We went to try a new place at Lunch…The CAVE…The place was great… Made like a cave and you do feel like sitting in a cave...(For the eyes of bodi only: Bodz..its the same place where used to be your favorite Chevy Restaurant).. Raza had an arabian dish and I had the chef’s special steak… the name of which I couldn’t understand though I made the waiter speak it some five times.. Later we went to Margalla hill tracks....trekked for less than a km discussing people's religious beliefs...And we had a looooong debate when Raza tried to prove me that all the spiritual stuff that I am into has no scientific basis. The logic he used was that he has not heard of any scientific research being done on spirituality in any well-known university. When we were in Giki, I once had a long debate with him on whether vegetarians should eat meat or not.. (I love talking food) ..Raza won the debate after referring to some world wide survey that proved ,inter alia, the longer life spans of vegetarians.. Later he told me that there has never been any such survey and he was simply having fun with me..

It was fun enjoying time with my old mates…I realize now that being with a good friend is more enjoyable then playing a computer games..

Monday

On monday morning..i got a call from Nix from America...I can not write about him as a part of a post..He needs a whole post devoted to him and only him..

And then what I found.. another Gikian batchmate commented on my previous blog.. Sabah.. He blogs too..and I found a post on GIKI on his blog... There is a part of his post that I liked so much that I am copying it here..

I just thought I'd share something about the place as I was feeling somewhat nostalgic. As a good friend once said about the place and I'm trying to accurately quote him,

"I wish they would find out that there's something wrong with our degrees and we're all called back to do it all over again".

That's how cool it really was!

How true...

1 comment:

Dangling Pointer said...

remembered the movie named "abducted by Aliens", similarly, Abducted by GIKIans!!!