Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sameer coming back , against all odds

I left US today on 30th.. (and now at night..this part of the world say that its the night of 31st..My mental time clock is totally screwed)

AGAINST ALL ODDS

My first flight was from Detroit to Newyork at 1:00 pm and i made it to the gate just 15 minutes before the gate closing...I had so many odds against catching this flight . they are all worth mentioning :

  • First i got delayed in packing my stuff. i had planned to do it on 29th (the day before my flight) but all of a sudden i had to attend a dinner - it was a goodbye dinner to me :) so i had to attend it , then i had to visit a guy to return him some money, then after coming back from his place i had to go visit him again 'cause he called to inform me that i had given him 20 bucks more.. then i slept late..woke up late..couldnt start packing on time..
  • had too much stuff to pack. (i went with one bag 1 hand carry. am coming back with two bags, 2 handcarries with 2 jackets on arms)

  • Usually , in my hotel ,at the front desk , people can give you your complete bill whenever you aks them but For my complete hotel bill detail , the front desk lady had to go to get the accountant. a long process that wasted my time
  • it took time to clean snow from my car.. It snowed that morning..
  • I took a wrong exit on my way to airport..and in US ,taking a wrong direction can not be fixed very quickly. luckily somehow i got a sense of the road directions (even though the place was new for me) and got back on track again...
  • Before Returning the car to car rental , we are supposed to fill it up with fuel. When i reached the fuel station , the car's fuel lid was was frozen , it didnt open ...
  • After fuelling, i was supposed to make a U-turn on the road, the way i take U-turns in USA is that i keep on going my road until i find an empty street on the right side, i drive into that street , take a U-turn there , come back towards the main road , and take a left turn - this results in a complete U-turn.. This strategy didnt work today, i didn't find any street at all on the way forward, all the streets that i got were entrances to some other Car Rental companies . and you can not get your car out easily if you mistakenly enter in there..
  • I had two luggage bags, two hand carries and was carrying two jackets.. and i didn't find any trolley in the airport area...i had to take my stuff one at a time.. u know taking few pieces forward, putting them there, coming back to get the rest of the stuff, then moving forward with some parts... The most difficult of this was climbing the elevator..
  • when i finally made it to the boarding pass issuing area, i was told that one of the bag is overweight.. I had to make some luggage adjustments right there..
  • there was something in me that beeped in the security door.. even though i had removed my jackets, belt, steel-toe-shoes, wallet, mobile..everything ..the door just beeped...so the guard took me to a side and kept checking me for some 10-15 minutes.. (it was a descent checking - mind you!! )
  • I kept kept racing the car all the time (even overtook a few cars, a big acheivement for me) , at airport i was running all the time, , remained frantic all the time.. It took me some time to stabilize my breath when i finally reached the destination... (thanks to my motapa)

    With so many hands (hands ; the verb , not the noun.), I made it . I got the flight.. Now thats an improvement.. (Reminder: Last time i entirely missed my flight from New York to Detroit). I don't know how i got his flight . some may consider that time stopped for me, some may consider it a CLEAR sign of some divine existence , some may consider it just a coincidence and some may consider it just a part of the the script .

    Anyways, I made it to New york near 3:30. ..stayed on airport for some 7-8 hours (with nothing to do).. had an 11 hour flight to Dubai (watched four movies)..and now i am in Dubai. once again i have to spend some 6 hours on the airport here.. :(...

THE SPIRIT WITHIN

Now when i look on my travel accomplishments...to me it seems i learnt a lot from this trip. Probably i might be able to label my recent life in terms of this trip (like the sameer before the US trip and the sameer after the US trip) ...It was a big paradigm shift in my life.. Thanks to the answer.. (Referring to my last blog).. I am a happy being now.. nothing is eating me inside anymore.. A psychic read me and said that my state is like a tree whose trunk has recently been shaken. The answers i got from the Jean and Don Daughtry were really amazing.

I have realized that people are more important than places..For the first time, i felt i was missing people.. may be i got too social in previous years.. or may be i have improved my relationships.. may be i have started giving more importance to the friendship bonds.

I have also learnt about many new spiritual concepts..new ideas that make sense to me.. new spiritual practices.. new beliefs...

My belief in the script is increasing ... The way things go , and their sequences.. it really amazes me.. Even on this flight that i just had from Newyork to Dubai...well.. there is a Movie - "The Peace full Warrior"... For some unkown reason, i wanted to see the movie.. bus dil karta tha..when i was going to Newyork (in Novemeber) , i thought many times of watching the movie on plane but skipped it every time for some reason or the other.... Now ! when i watched the movie tonight during the flight ... i realized that it had 2 very important messages for me ..which i would not have caught at all , had i watched the movie before the US stay.. i mean.. something that i learnt in US, made me properly understand the message..this sequence of events in my life . it is so amazing... these Lessons - coming in the order they should be ; I just cant call it a coincidence...

Anyways, I am happy that i am going home.. i am happy that I have got "Eternal Sunshine of the SPOTless mind". "SPOT" being the name of my project.. This project had made me extremely busy ..since August .. thanks good that i am not working on this project anymore.. i want to live my life now.. working for 16 hours a day doesnt leave you with a normal life at all..

and oh! My parents are cooking up something for my future ... I feel something coming my way SOON.. a further BIG change in life .. I don't know wether I will be accepting their decision or not. but.. well.. i dont know.. the coming 2-3 days are going to be very important. ... but!!... when i look inside, i dont feel too much motivation in going against their desires ..

PS. oh regarding my achievements , i forgot to mention that i finally learnt how speak the word "pork" , earlier for some reason i couldn't speak it properly .. every time my tongue slipped on "k" , making it an "n"... Just imagine a guy making this mistake at a restaurant enquiring ," Has this stuff got any pork in it?" :)

PPS. pray for me to recover from the Jet Lag soon... i am completely different when my sleep is disturbed..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey PP!! nice to hear abt ur US trip and reaching back "against all odds"...

well... in case u do have multiple lives, isnt it better to know abt future lives than past ones? like which fyp u'll be doing in next one :)

and hey congrats for getting munginfied... was it against all odds too?

Dawgg said...

mungnified?? hogayee... chah gaya hai!!

and about the jet lag, well u'll get over it in a few weeks. Till then i guess people have to ph3ar u (gaming lingo for fear).

Dawgg said...

mere khayal mein abh koi time nahi milna blogging keh liye. Sara sara din jo telephone par blogging hogi abh seh ;)... agar yeah magnification wali news sahi hai.

side dish bijoux said...

i think we are related in some possible way.
farah durrani
www.sidedishstyle.com

Sameer Durrani said...

hmm. i was so out of my own blog for so long...
@omer.. meray PP.. FYP ka pata lag bhi jai to whats the use..complete kis nay karna hota hay.. btw the way i am working these days reminds me of the FYP days..

@Waqas. Khabar bilkul saheeh hay.. :) just posted about it..